DST Basketball AAU Team Goals
- Create a fun, competitive environment that teaches kids fundamental skills necessary to succeed
- Promote sportsmanship and work ethic
- Teach kids the right way to play team sports
- We will be flexible in understanding that kids have other commitments and activities in the Summer
- Players will all benefit from the experience of being part of a team and becoming a better player and better person
- We emphasize character development qualities that each athlete can continue to cultivate as they mature
** We are prepared to follow all state government and CDC guidelines and make this a positive experience for all of our players and parents**
Ken Ferrare, 2nd from left, poses with his entire team, in 2017-2018 season, when he was chosen NJSIAA Head Boys Basketball Coach of the North All Star team
Why Choose Us?
- Our coaching staff is outstanding and consists of many Certified High School Coaches and former basketball players
- DST Camps and Clinics have always been well attended
- We have the staff facilities and experience to make this an elite program
- DST Camps and Clinics have been running successfully since 2003
- We have run many Morris and Passaic County Rec programs since 2003 in Sparta, Montville, Denville, Verona, Wayne, Fairfield, Rockaway, Bernards, Bedminster
- We are now adding a boys AAU team program to our roster of coaching basketball clinics and camps
- We now have an outside court at Richard Park in West Caldwell, reserved for DST and ready to go
Ken with the plaque from the NJSCA North-South All Star Classic
Ken Ferrare founded Drills, Skills & Thrills (DST) Basketball LLC in 2003. He coached High School Basketball for 24 years, 18 as Head Boys Varsity Coach. After 10 successful years at Morris Knolls HS as Head Boys Basketball Coach, Ken decided to step down in order to focus more of his time developing his business, DST Basketball, and coaching his three sons, Anthony, Patrick and Christopher.
Ken’s business has focused on Camps & Clinics, but is now expanding to offer grade 3-8 boys AAU Teams. Ken will be a supervising coach for each AAU team and will attend most practices and games to make sure your kids are being coached at the highest level and the best possible experience. DST will offer two practices a week with exceptional coaching and planning – no wasted time – we offer fun, and well planned, productive practices along with Tournament competition on the weekends.